Sales & Lettings Fees
Being independently owned we tailor our service to fit our clients needs, contact our lettings team to discuss how we can put together a package to suit you.
Option 1 – Full Management Service Fees
Fees payable to the Agent for our ‘Full Management Service’
A fee of 75% of the first months’ rent, then a fee of 12% Inclusive of VAT thereafter of the monthly rent (the “Commission”), payable monthly, upon receipt of the rent.
The Agent reserves the right to charge a fee of £25 per hour to deal with any dispute arising with the Tenant over the return of the Deposit and any other matter at the end of the tenancy if the time incurred on such dispute becomes excessive.
Option 2 – Rent Administration Service
In addition to our Tenant Introduction Only Service (See Option 2) John Bray will collect the monthly rent, chase late rental payments, and advise on any relevant notices to be served. We are not legal representatives but will be able to pass you onto a company that specialise in this law and organise annual gas safety certificates through our contracted plumbers.
Option 2 – Rent Administration Service Fees
A fee of 75% of the first months’ rent inclusive of VAT. Then a fee of 9% Inclusive of VAT of the monthly rent (the “Commission”), payable monthly upon receipt of the rent.
Option 3 – Tenant Introduction Only Service
Services provided by the Agent:
- Carry out initial market appraisal, provide a realistic market rental value of the Property, suggest where appropriate improvements to the Property to optimise this and advise on relevant safety regulations.
- Advertise and promote the property, erect a To Let board.
- Interview prospective tenants and arrange viewings with all suitable applicants.
- Obtain satisfactory references on Tenants and any Guarantors.
- Prepare and execute the Tenancy Agreement.
- Receive the first month’s rent and security deposit.
- Register the deposit with the DPS.
Option 3 – Tenant Introduction Only Service Fees
A fee of one months’ rent including VAT.
By appointing us as sole agent, you agree that we shall market the Premises for a period of two months. The sole agency agreement can be terminated at the end of the fixed period by giving us two weeks written notice. If you do not terminate the sole agency it will continue until we receive your written instructions.
By appointing us as multiple agency you agree that we shall market the Premises for a period of twelve weeks. The multiple agency agreement can be terminated at the end of the fixed period by giving us two weeks written notice. If you do not terminate the multiple agency it will continue until we receive your written instructions.
- Section 13 Notice (rent increase) – £75 inclusive of VAT
- Section 21 Notice (2 months’ notice to end tenancy) – £120 inclusive of VAT
- AST (Assured Shorthold Tenancy) Agreement – £75 inclusive of VAT
- Photocopy of AST – £20 inclusive VAT
- Additional property inspections – £50 inclusive of VAT
- Check In/Out Report
- Studio – £90
- 1 Bedroom – £90
- 2 Bedroom – £115
- 3 Bedroom – £140
- 4 Bedroom – £165
- 5+ Bedroom – £190
- Studio – £115
- 1 Bedroom – £115
- 2 Bedroom – £140
- 3 Bedroom – £165
- 4 Bedroom – £190
- 5+ Bedroom – £215
Prices above are inclusive of the VAT
- Referencing: £100 inclusive of VAT.
- Taking a Deposit Dispute to ADR – £100 inclusive of VAT.
- Sworn Statutory Declaration for single claim – £100 inclusive of VAT.
- Renewal/amendment of AST – £100 inclusive of VAT for non-managed properties, £50 inclusive of VAT for managed properties.
- NRL annual submissions to HMRC – £100 inclusive of VAT.
- Annual account summary – £66 inclusive of VAT.
- Additional Fees (outsourced to other companies – VAT may not always be applicable).
- Energy Performance Certificate – £80 inclusive of VAT.
- Electrical Safety Certificates – £150 – £250 dependent on size.
- PAT Certificate – £60 inclusive of VAT for up to 5 Items.
- Gas Safety Certificate – from £66 inclusive of VAT.
- Gas Safety Certificate & Boiler Service – £100 inclusive of VAT.
- Smoke detector – £25 each.
- Carbon monoxide detector – £25 each.
- Installation of detectors – £50 inclusive of VAT for 1st hour, then part thereof after 1st hour ie 1¼ hours = 2 hours charged.
- Rent protection policy – depends on monthly rent, please contact us for a quote.
- Legal expenses policy – 3% of annual rent.
- Section 8 Notice (possession with relevant grounds) – outsourced to solicitors. Solicitors fees payable.
- Court attendance – outsourced to solicitors. Solicitors fees payable. If John Bray need to attend, £50 inclusive of VAT per hour.
- Please be aware that your property may be subject to selective licensing.
- If your property does require a License an application will need to be made to Hastings Borough Council. The cost of the license is £665 and is valid for 5 years.
- If you would like John Bray to make the application on your behalf, the fee is £120 inclusive of VAT. If you choose our property management service, the fee will be £60 inclusive of VAT.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Holding Deposit – £200 fixed fee
Paid by you to reserve the Property. This will only be retained by us if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days.
Deposit – capped at 5 weeks rent where the annual rent is under £50,000 and 6 weeks rent where the annual rent is £50,000 or higher.
This will cover damages and defaults by the tenant as detailed in the AST during the tenancy. For fast and easy renting that is secured, we offer the www.flatfair.com No Deposit product, which lets you secure a new home with a small, one-off check-in fee. Any slip-ups are paid when it’s time to move out, landlords still get their security – it’s win/win for everyone.
Late payment of Rent
Interest will be charged at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due date until paid in full. This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears with the interest calculated back from the first day of the arrears.
Lost Keys or security devices
Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant.
Variation or changes to an existing tenancy agreement – £50 (inc. VAT) per change.
This charge will cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents. This also covers costs in ‘change of sharer’ situations and covers the landlords costs in securing a new sharing and associated legal requirements in processing that new sharers application.
Early Termination as requested by Tenant
Should you wish to leave the property before the end of your tenancy agreement, and should the landlord agree to this, then you will be liable to cover the landlord’s costs of re-letting the property as well as any rent due under the terms of your tenancy agreement up until the point the replacement tenancy commences.
Tenants will remain responsible, unless agreed otherwise, for all utility payments, TV licence and Council Tax accounts. Please refer your AST for full information.
Independent Redress provided by:
Client Money Protection provided by: