Annual property price growth in the South East is significantly stronger than a year ago, as the shortage of property to buy continues to support prices. Double-digit property price growth is evident in seven areas of the South East Home Counties, with Hastings and Eastbourne currently the strongest performing areas. Autumn, however, is now seeing things return to normal for home movers, with the end of the stamp duty holiday. Looking back across over 5 years of data, we can see that if you want to sell by Christmas, then you need to get on and do so by October 20th. That means for those of you wishing to sell your current property with a view to potentially celebrating Christmas in a new home, now is the time.
Here are our top tips to crack the property market before Christmas:
1. Appoint a great estate agent. We will help you from start to finish to give your sale the greatest chance of success. Finding the right buyer is key and our sales progression team work closely with all parties to make the sale happen. We can target London buyers with our unique Guild Property membership which allows us to promote your property in our partner Park Lane office.
2. Set up your solicitor. Instruct a conveyancing solicitor early and start pulling paperwork together now if you want to secure a quick sale.
3. Get your house ready for sale. If there are any issues that might come up in a survey and delay the move, consider fixing them now. And as the winter months approach, make sure your home doesn’t look too dark – it is vital to let in light with lamps, candles and mirrors.
4. Let your agent take the lead – Let us take the lead at viewings and tackle any tricky questions. We will advise on negotiations and going to sealed bids to secure the best price is a popular option in today’s sellers’ market.
5. Choose the right buyer - Everyone wants to get the best price, but if you want to sell quickly as well then opt for a chain-free buyer who isn’t relying on selling their home to buy yours. Our team work hard to qualify buyers before they even view a property.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell a property, we know how important it is to deal with trained and trustworthy professionals. The Guild has been working alongside independent estate agents for 25 years – the industry may have changed in that time, but finding a partner you can rely on to help you through the moving process remains vital. John Bray is part of a UK-wide network of independent agents who believe in three simple values: knowledge, integrity and results.
To find out more about why you should consider selling through us, check out the following video which explains what happens after we've valued your property.
All data supplied via Dataloft & TwentyCI